Saturday, September 26, 2009

Fixed

Got the garage cleared enough for the 924. Had to whip her to get running just enough to get to the garage. Died as soon as I parked her inside.

This morning before work I had enough time to pop the hood and have a go at inspection. I didn't notice it at first, but after trial and error found that the true problem was the rubber air hoses. Somehow the hose that connects to the sensor plate and mixture control unit was loose, and air was getting through. I refitted the hoses and tightened them as much as possible. Gave it a nice pat, started her up and she came alive!

So glad to realize it was a small problem. I'm still not avoiding the true inspection though. I will begin a routine maintenance test once I get home from work tomorrow. I am hoping the CIS Tester arrives soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment